POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast : Re: Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast
From: Alain
Date: 22 Jul 2009 16:10:20
Message: <4a67722c$1@news.povray.org>

> I've been mostly working on the normal maps. There's a lot of textures here
> that are influenced by the pattern of the sea, to create concentric waves
> near the coast, cliffs on the shore, etc. Rendered without atmosphere to
> save some time.
>
> This view is much closer than anything I plan on using in a finished image,
> but it's a nice way to tweak the texture details.
>
> There's still a lot of work needed, but what do you think of it so far?

Your textures are beleivable. The reliefs are correct.

You used a crackle pattern for your roads. I don't think that it's the
best one for that purpose.
Try to find a way to make the roads stop farther from the sea. Normaly,
you don't build a road on the beaches. You also have a bit of road that
don't connect to any other.

OK, it's a closeup, but those houses are very huge compared to the
natural features. Ether the planet is prety small, or it's inhabitents
are giants.

Alain